Addiction is real, and those who believe they may have a sex addiction can seek help through sex addiction counseling in Frisco, TX. As people grow and learn more about themselves and the world around them, they are introduced to a variety of things that they will both like and dislike. Sometimes when people find something they enjoy, their love for this thing can turn into an addiction, but it is not always easy to tell when you have become addicted. Many like to think that they are strong and can avoid becoming an addict, but sometimes things like sex can start to take over your life before you have a chance to notice that something isn’t right. Signs You May Need Sex Addiction Counseling in Frisco, TX
With any addiction, there are signs and symptoms that you can look for to recognize whether you have a problem or not. The following are signs that you may have an addiction and should attend sex addiction counseling in Frisco, TX:
- You recognize that you are spending more time viewing porn and/or you seek more graphic content. You hide or lie about viewing porn.
- When you are bored, stressed, lonely, anxious or experiencing any hard emotion or life situation you tend to use porn or seeking sexual relationship as a way to escape or numb.
- You engage in multiple forms of sexual activity (i.e. phone sex, massage parlors, pornography, escorts or prostitutes).
- You are preoccupied with thoughts of sex.
- You neglect your responsibilities like work, school, or family to engage in viewing porn or other sexual acting out behaviors.
Addiction recovery will be one of the hardest things you ever do. With education, support, and persistence you can reach 30 days sober, than 60 days, 90 days and then a year! The sense of peace and accomplishment is worth the relapses and work along the way. When you get to maintenance phase, your recovery will still require effort, but not hyper-focus. You will have built both coping-skills and deeper connections with yourself, God/higher power and with those around you.
Experience tells us that when you have the courage to reach out for help and come out of hiding, Hope will replace despair and shame. You are worth it. Center for Marriage and Family Counseling is here to help. To schedule an appointment, contact us at (214) 250-7808.
Sex Addiction Counseling Frisco TX
Center For Marriage & Family Counseling
8380 Warren Parkway #604
Frisco, Texas 75034